3.15.2010

Monkey See, Monkey Do?

"Do you know what you're having yet?"
"Umm, well we're really hoping for a baby, but I did see a lady on the front of the National Enquirer once who had kittens!"

Yes people, I did answer someone like that. I hope this child isn't saucy like it's Mudder. Hopefully a bit more tactful like their Fadder!
Anyways, had another ultrasound today. A-maze-za-zing! This little baby was moving and kicking and just doing everything! They turned sideways and you could see the little nose, it was so cute, then all of a sudden he/she turned their head right towards the monitor and I saw the biggest ears ever! (or so I thought). No wonder I'm craving bananas, I'm having a monkey! Maybe I'll be on the front of the next enquirer? Who knows! But hey, it's our monkey :) Ken said it was the hand close to the head, we'll see.
But in all seriousness, it was so precious to see how big they've gotten since our last ultrasound. You can see so many features, I asked for a pic, but no dice. They said they don't like giving pics this early because it's not clear (ok so the sonograper thinks my child has Will Smith ears too). But I will get one in May, at my 20 week appointment.
So, let's talk about cravings (or pass up this section if you have no willpower). I cannot get enough of sour candy!! It makes me so happy, lol. Only wish I could get some assorted sours! Apparently now they are only available in bulk food stores, but not the one thats closest to me (which is 6 hours away :( boo!) just click the word above to see a pic of them, just in case anyone out there in this blog world comes across them and wants to send them my way, hahaha! Sour Keys will have to do for now! Also, remember chews? Those purple, red and orange gum from the 25 cent machine? That are extrememly sour? yea well, I've pretty much cleaned out the machine at the mall, there goes my life savings, hahaha. I'm still eating healthy, but the sour candy is now my weakness. As long as I don't get to wanting tearjerkers or warheads, we're good.
I also saw the dietitian today (referred by my PHN). She said to just keep doing what I'm doing, I'm eating well. Bonus! So all is well in my corner of the world, but I'm sure I'll have something interesting after my OB appointment on Wednesday! -C

3 comments:

  1. Wendy Burden3/17/10, 6:41 PM

    Monkey? You are so silly, Candace! Congrats on your soon to be bundle of joy...you life will never be the same and you will wonder why you did not start having kids earlier!LOL I love reading your blog posts...have a great day and I will have to look for some assorted sours for you when I go to Corner Brook next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check Bulk Barn on the weekend! lol
    A monkey... i'm never surprised by what comes out of your mouth nor will I be surprised if a monkey comes out of you! lol!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for October... so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, glad you like my humor. I'm exporting all these posts to make a book for baby when he/she gets older. & thanks for all your help with the assorted sours! They are extremely hard to find!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message!