11.21.2011

The Christmas Note Donna VanLiere

This is the first time I have read a book by this author, now I did hear of the Christmas Shoes but never picked it up, when Booksneeze was offering this follow up book I decided to snag it! Such a heartwarming tale of 2 very different ladies who’s lives intertwine, told from both points of view. Here we have Gretchen, who has just moved to a town to be closer to her Mother. She moves into a condo next door to a lady named Melissa, who’s Mother has despised her since birth. Two very different people, but the pair form a bond over a normally tragic experience, the death of Melissa’s Mother, Ramona. During the clearing out of Ramona’s things, Melissa unearths a letter telling her she has other siblings and then no other information. I don't want to give any more away, but this is truly a heart warming tale of a friendship that forms in the toughest of times. I would definitely recommend this book. I've heard mixed reviews about the 2 point narration but I truly enjoyed seeing into each woman's head and life!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!