11.21.2011

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo

Heaven is for Real I truly believe this is a book I could read again & again. “Heaven is for real” is about 4 year old Colton Burpo who, while on the operating table, has an out of body experience and gets to visit Heaven. Now, I know this story has a lot of questions and people wondering did this really happen, but I won’t disbelieve the little boy. Children have Faith beyond an adults comprehension and I truly believe he did see our mighty God in his big “chair” and the “colorful horse” Jesus rode upon. This is a truly heartwarming retelling of a little boys experience, I never wanted to put it down. I will admit, I was a bit skeptical at first, but who are we to judge whom God shares his existance with? Maybe this is just what the unbeliever, or the on the fence believer needs to tell them from a child's point of view "isten, God is really real".
I think it would be good to follow up with Colton in years to come and see if there are any other spiritual happenings in his life. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, only wish it was longer, but I guess the author told all there is to tell. Thinking about going out and getting the kids version for my son! Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!