12.11.2011

Nearing Home by Billy Graham

“I never thought I would live to be this old. All my life I was taught how to die as a Christian, but no one ever taught me how I ought to live in the years before I die. I wish they had because I am an old man now, and believe me, it’s not easy.” -Billy Graham
Before accepting the invitation to read and review this book, I was skeptical that this book was for my age demographic. But after reading it in it's entirety, I realized this book is for people of all ages, because each day we are nearing home. I enjoy Billy Grahams approach in all his books. He is simple, to the point, very easy to read and scripture based. He teaches us that while we are here on earth we are to prepare orselves for our Heavenly home and help reach others as God would have us to do. My favourite part of the whole book was the very last chapter as Mr. Graham uses Scripture to describe to us what Heaven will be like, it makes you want to go! It provides us with a comfot in a troubled world. That we, as God's children are not meant to live without hope. If you are uncertain what spiritual "home" you are preparing yourself for, this book will make you stop and think, which way am I headed? Sure life is full of ups and downs, with the many debilitating illnesses and things that can plague you as you go through it, but we have to keep our eyes focused on God and his promise of "I go to prepare a place for you". I highly reccomend this book to young and old alike. "Book has been provided courtesy of Thomas Nelson and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Thomas Nelson".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!