5.09.2012

Thank you Momma...

I've been inspired to write this blog post after I recieved an email letting me know about the project (you can read more at the end of this post...)
Dear Momma, What can I say about you that's different from other Mommas? I know everyone thinks they have the best Mom ever, but I truly do. There's nothing you haven't done for me, except give birth, (I'm adopted. Since my Mother was young when she had me, I was raised by my grandparents and I wouldn't want it any other way.) When I was growing up, you taught me that money did not grow on trees, make the best of what you have, and to love God & others with all my heart. So today Momma, I just want to Thank you for so many things, there's too many so I'll just name a few... Thank you for teaching me about God & Jesus. Thank you for taking me to church. Thank you for teaching me to turn the other cheek but fight for what I believe. Thank you for believing in me, even when I didn;t believe in myself. Thank you for staying at home to raise me and being there every day when I got home from school, with some homemade bread, cookies and an open ear. Thank you for always being there. Thank you for discipline, although I thought was harsh at the time, has made me a better person. Thank you for teaching me to cook & clean, two things I now love. Thank you for your unconditional love. ...But most of all, Thank you for choosing me. God sure knew what he was doing when he picked you to be my Momma. I hope I can be half the Mom to my son that you are to me. Love, Candace
If 1000 Moms are thanked either on Twitter, individual blogs, or on the One Thousand Gifts FB page —- Compassion International will be helping Maternity/Child Survival Center in Haiti for a whole year! Read more here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!