9.17.2012

The Bridesmaid (Book 2 in the Home to Hickory Hollow series) by Beverly Lewis


Joanna Kurtz has made several trips to the altar, but never as a bride. The young Amishwoman is a closet writer whose stories aren't her only secret. Eben Troyer hopes to make Joanna his bride--if he can ever leave his parents' farm in Shipshewana, Indiana. Yet Eben's hopes to build a life with Joanna hinge on his brother's return from the English world....

Oh I almost squealed when I saw this in my mailbox (actually I think I did!) LOL!!!! But I was just so ecstatic after I reread the fiddler in anticipation for The Bridesmaid and it didn't disappoint! I came to love Johanna Kurtz through the first book and was so excited to hear more of her story. I don't even know how to review this book without giving it all away. But we come to learn more about Johanna's love interest and more about the Amish way of life.
This is a story about faithfulness and love and secrets.
I was a bit diappointed Amelia (the main character from the first novel) didn't make an appearance, especially since her and Johanna were such good friends.
The only con is I have to wait til April 2013 for the next book in this series, lol!!
I would definitely recommend this book, this series actually, read it from the beginning, it's such a heartwarming story!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!