10.03.2012

In Nowhere but Up, Pattie Mallette shares for the first time in detail about the pain and abandonment she experienced as a child, the sexual abuse she suffered for years, the severe depression she wrestled with as a teen, the deep struggles she faced as a single mom, and the faith she's learned to cling to through dark times. With raw honesty, she spills the truth about a lifetime of moments that were punctuated by pain yet permeated with grace--and the journey that's brought her to where she is today.
First of all, I have to say I never chose this book because it was by Justin Bieber's Mom. I am not a fan of Justin Bieber actually! I chose this book because Patti is a Mom, like myself, going through stress and hitting bottom and realizing she can only go up from there! I can totally relate to some of her pain and the anguish she felt, it's by God's grace that she is able to let go of the past and forgive and move on to the future. I believe Patti's faith in God helped her get through and made her the woman she is today. She speaks of abuse, depression and abandonment and how God brought her through these tough times. I would reccomend this book for anyone going through hard times as we know they don't last and this book is one of hope. Great read.
"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!