4.29.2013

The Gate By Dann A. Stouten


Every life is a story. Schuyler Hunt is about to come face-to-face with the author of his.
When a planned getaway with his wife turns into a shopping trip for the girls, Schuyler Hunt finds himself looking for something else to do. An ad for a vacation cottage catches his eye, and he sets off in search of a much-needed break. When he arrives, he finds something far different from the typical summer home experience. In fact, he may have found a little slice of heaven.
The proprietor-along with a number of unexpected and yet familiar guests-welcomes him with food, rest, and conversation, until what started out as an escape from everyday life turns into something much, much more . . .

When I first started reading this book, I was quite uncertain, everything seemed far fetched but then the more I read the more I thought, hmm, maybe this is what Heaven could be like! I loved the creative description the author used throughout. The fact that the main character was able to connect with people from his past made me think about people who have passed on from my own life and how my only chance to see them again is to make sure my heart is right with God. The book seemed a little complex at times when the trinity was represented as 3 separate people but I do get the authors point. I've honestly never read a book like it before, it ropen me in. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!