5.09.2013

Here's my story, what's yours?

**Just merging my 2 blogs in one. Some posts are about my weight loss, some books reviews, just all around positive, happy posts!!!  Originally posted on another blog 10/25/12



I started out on facebook, but decided to blog over here, just in case facebook ever becomes the next myspace...lol But here I am if you all wanna follow me over there! Candace's Journey to Healthier/Happier Living!

What's your story?
Why are you on this journey?
Who gave you that push?

For me it was an extra 8lb 4 1/2 ozs, my son changed my life before he even knew how. I ate healthier during my pregnancy than I ever did, so after my son was born, I kept it up and lost 25lbs in his first year.  Good job! Then comes October 2011, his 1st Birthday. I realized just how out of shape I still was (I never exercised, only ate a little healthier) and if I didn't do something drastic soon I wasn't gonna be able to celebrate too many more. I was out of breath, sweating, tired, naseous, you name it. I weighed a few days later after my son went to bed one night, and I was 300lbs (remember, I already lost 25lb by this point). I sat down and I cried, and cried, and cried some more.

This pic was from August 2011. Me & my inspiration. (300lbs)

Later that week a friend of mine texted and told me how she was losing weight by counting calories with a free app on her iphone called My Fitness Pal. (Little did I know how much this would change my life. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!)

My husband was out of town for a few weeks, so I decided now was as good a time as any to get started, I was certain I could do it (what's that? A bit of positivity? lol. I think I suprised myself). I didn't wait for a Monday, I didn't even wait for the next day, I started that afternoon, after already eating horrible all morning, chips, pop, cookies, candy (and that was just breakfast!). I started logging food with the app.

Hold on....
That cookie has HOW many calories??? & I shouldn't eat more than 1500 calories a day?? That's only 5 cookies a day and nothing else!!!
Yikes!!

But.....I have to do this!!!


I wouldn't even weigh in the before pic, I could have been higher than 325, who knows? But this was a huge breaking point for me, down 45 lbs and finally started noticing a difference!
I started out with the Wii Fit and thought I would die! I was crying and sweating so much, 10 minutes was all I could handle. I cried and cried and cried some more, how did I let myself get this far? I was digging my own grave. I didn't know if I could do it. I went and ate some chips, a handful of cookies, drank a 2 liter pop straight from the bottle, then it was like someone screamed at me CANDACE WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO YOURSELF??? And I again thought about my son. That was all I needed to throw everything in the garbage and start again.

I kept thinking, all these people doing 30 minute workouts, how do they do it? I'll never make it!! But I kept on, I cried, I hurt, I was hungry at times but I wanted this more than anything. I was borderline diabetic and given many warnings by several doctors, I was on medication for high blood pressure that kept being increased. But Thank God I am now off that medication, no longer bordering on diabetis!



And now, 1 year later here I am at 102lbs lost! (and I still eat cookies, occasionaly andin moderation!!) Moderation is a great thing :)

Here are some things I've learned/noticed:
-I can run and not get out of breath
-I can workout for an hour no problem!
-I can get into positions I never thought possible, just ask my husband ;)
-I have more energy than I ever thought possible!
-I am off my blood pressure medication!!
-I can sleep at night without waking a million times (except for when I hear "Mommy!")
-I would rather eat something healthy and homemade, than fast food! Big thing for me since I felt like I could eat fast food every day of my life!
-I wear my son out instead of the other way around
-I love and appreciate everyone and everything around me a whole lot more. It's funny how your perspective changes!
-I am more positive, happy, and grateful for every big and little thing!
-I eat more fresh food rather than canned or packaged convenience food
-Water is my BEST FRIEND! I drink a ton of it everyday!!
-There is always some time to be active. 24 hours in a day, I can always find at least 20 minutes!

Currently at 223lbs and feeling better every day!!

These are just a few things, I'm sure there are many more I'm forgetting, but I wanna hear from you. What's your story?
You will :)

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Candace! Real proud of you...

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message!