9.30.2013

Parenting Your Powerful Child by: Dr. Kevin Leman

Don't let those cherublike faces fool you.
Your smart kids have an agenda--and they're workin' ya.
Powerful kids don't just happen. They're created, and their power comes in different packages. Whether loud and temperamental, quiet and sensitive, or stubborn and manipulative, powerful children can make living with them a challenge. But it doesn't have to be that way.

In Parenting Your Powerful Child, New York Times bestselling author Dr. Kevin Leman offers a practical action plan to redirect your child's power surges into positive traits that will prepare your child for a successful, happy, and productive adult life. With these simple but effective techniques, you can transform your home from a daily battle zone to a safe and peaceful place. All it takes is a little determination--and some small changes on your part--to make a huge difference in your family life.

Ready for the power struggle to end?


When it comes to winning at parenting, Leeman is the man! When I saw this book I knew I had to read it as I have a power hungry about-to-turn-3 year old who if you give an inch, takes a foot!
This book was more an eye opener for me and my parenting than about my son, made me realize he didn't just become that way, it's how I made him. Although some of the stuff he said I didn't want to hear (may be denial) I knew what he was saying was right. I sure hope to be able to apply these tactics to my everyday life and turn around the power struggle!

"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!