1.03.2014

New Year, New Blessings, New Goals

Hope you all had a great Christmas and a great start to the New Year. God is so good! It's not about what we have physically, but what we have spiritually, our heart and soul is where it counts. I was thinking, what if we were stripped of everything we own, everything we've worked for, house, car, cottage, RV, ATV, iphones, ipads, computers? How would our heart be then? Where will our Faith stand?
Friend, it does not matter how much money you have in the bank, what kind of car you drive or the clothes you wear, what matters is your personal relationship with Christ. You think God looks down and says "Oh, look at that shiny new Corvette!" or "Wow! I love the millions you have in savings!". No my friend, he doesn't. God is no respector of persons, to him we are all his children and are all created equal. God tells us in Matthew 6:19-20
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal."
 So my main goal for the year is this; not to lose 50 lbs (okay that wouldn't hurt), not to save a bunch of money in the bank (okay, I admit that wouldn't hurt either) but my main goal, my focus for 2014 is simply this, to examine myself and my relationship with Christ, to grow into a deeper, meaningful relationship with Him. I want to be an example of God's unending love, mercy and grace and start living what I'm preaching. James 2:26 says

"As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead".

And God has given me another year, to live fully, alive, right where I am!
How about you?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!