12.12.2015

Keeping Christmas By Dan Walsh

For the first time since their children were born, empty nesters Judith and Stan Winters spent Thanksgiving without the kids, and it's looking like Christmas will be the same. Judith can't bring herself to even start decorating for the holiday; her kids always hung the first ornaments on the tree, ornaments they had made each year since they were toddlers. Sure they were strange-looking--some could be called downright ugly--but they were tradition. A tradition she's heartbroken to miss this year.
With Judith refusing to decorate the bare spruce tree in their living room, Stan knows something must be done. And his only hope for saving the holiday is found in a box of handmade ornaments. 
Fan-favorite Dan Walsh invites readers to enjoy this nostalgic Christmas story that celebrates all of our most cherished seasonal traditions, especially the importance of family. Readers will join in remembering the things that make their own Christmas season so special.


Dan Walsh? Christmas read? Yes Please!!!!! I actually just recently started reading this one as I wanted to wait until a little closer to Christmas. Dan Walsh first captured my Christmas heart in the Reunion. Love his writing style and he draws me in to the story as if I'm watching the scenes unfold as it happens. I connected with the story as a Mom of an only child and although he's only 5 I dread the day he moves out but I also saw it from my parents point of view when I moved out. I never saw my Moms sadness at the time as a result of her last child moving out and becoming emptynesters but now I do. Judith was very self centered and reminded me what not to do when that day comes for me. Stan is such a loving and kind hearted husband. His character is truly the spirit of Christmas. Loved the story. Look forward to Walsh's novels every Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!